Adverse Weather & School Closure Procedure
In the event of bad weather, please note the following:
- The Local Authority will no longer make a decision to impose a blanket closure of all schools and academies.
Any decision to close the school will be made in consultation with the Headteachers of the other schools in the Arden cluster.
- Parents will receive an email alert giving information.
- The school’s Twitter account will also provide up to date information, this can be viewed and accessed from the home page of the school website.
- Soilhull MBC will endeavour to communicate information via their website www.solihull.gov.uk and local media outlets.
If you do not have access to the internet please listen out for information on local radio. Unless you are notified otherwise, you should always assume the school is open.
SCHOOL CLOSURE DURING THE WORKING DAY
If conditions deteriorate during a school day, the previously described notification process will be applied.
Please note that we can only release pupils to those adults who are on our contact list. If you are delayed by the conditions and want to authorise the collection of your child by another adult, you will need to speak with staff in the school office and provide verbal permission.
In the event of a working day closure pupils may be collected from the following locations:
- Nursery The Nursery classroom doors
- Reception & KS1 The Church doors
- KS2 The Year 3 & 4 doors from the KS2 playground
Pupils will be released from the designated door upon confirmation of the name of the collecting adult by the school staff managing the exit. All pupils will be kept safely at school until they are collected.